Introduction to MA English
There are several key benefits to studying an MA in English syllabus and courses:
- Enhance your understanding and appreciation of literature: An MA in English program will deepen your understanding and appreciation of literature, including works from different historical periods, genres, and cultural contexts.
- Improve your critical thinking and analysis skills: An MA program will challenge you to think critically and analytically about literature and other texts, which can help you develop important skills that are useful in a variety of fields.
- Enhance your communication skills: An MA in English will help you develop your writing, speaking, and presentation skills, which are valuable in many professional settings.
- Prepare for doctoral studies: An MA in English can be a stepping stone to a Ph.D. program, which can lead to careers in academia or research.
- Expand your career options: An MA in English can open up new career opportunities, including teaching, editing, publishing, and writing.
Syllabus Part 1 and 2 Comparison
|Courses||MA (First Year)||Marks||MA (Second Year)||Marks|
|MEG1.||British Poetry||100||MEG5- Literary Criticism |
|MEG2.||British Drama||100||Optional Papers|
(Choose any 3)
MEG6- American Literature
|MEG3.||British Novel||100||MEG7- Indian English Literature||100|
|MEG4.||Aspects of Language||100||MEG8-New Literature in English|
MEG9- Australian literature
MEG10- English Studies in India
MEG11- American Novel
MEG12- A Survey Course in 20th-
Century Candian Literature
MEG13- Writing from the Margins
MEG14- Contemporary Indian Literature
in English Translation
MEG15- Contemporary Literature:
Theory and Practice
MEG16- Indian Folk Literature