When you’re writing a summary, it’s important to include a few key phrases to help you get your point across. There are many advantages to using summary writing phrases. First, it can help to keep your thoughts organized. Second, it can make your writing sound more professional. Third, it can help you to avoid plagiarism. Fourth, they can also help you to focus on the key points of your writing. Summary writing phrases can also help to keep your writing concise and to the point. Finally, they can help you to save time by simplifying your writing. By including these key phrases, you can get help to make your summary short and easier to read.
- In brief – This phrase is used to introduce a summary of something.
- To summarise – This phrase is used to introduce the main points of something.
- In conclusion – This phrase is used to wrap up a summary.
List of Summary writing Phrases
Here is a list of the most commonly used summary writing phrases:
- In summary,
- To summarize,
- To put it briefly,
- In short,
- In essence,
- To condense,
- In a nutshell,
- In brief,
- In conclusion,
- In general,
- To sum up,
- To conclude,
- In summary, it can be said that
- In closing,
- To put it all together,
|1. In summary, the meeting covered all the important points and the next steps were clearly outlined.
2. In summary, the data analysis showed a significant increase in sales, indicating a successful quarter.
|To put it briefly
|1. To put it briefly, the project was a success due to the hard work and dedication of the team.
2. To put it briefly, the proposal outlines a new and innovative approach to solving the problem.
|1. In essence, the problem lies in the need for more effective communication and collaboration between departments.
2. In essence, the proposal aims to improve customer satisfaction by streamlining the support process and increasing responsiveness.
|1. In short, the situation requires immediate attention and a swift resolution.
2. In short, the results indicate a positive trend and offer promising prospects for the future.
|1. In brief, the study shows a positive impact of the intervention on student performance and satisfaction.
2. In brief, the proposal outlines a comprehensive plan to address the challenges facing the community.
|1. To summarize, the meeting was productive and several important decisions were made.
2. To summarize, the research indicates a strong correlation between the independent and dependent variables.
|In a nutshell
|1. In a nutshell, the new policy aims to increase efficiency and reduce costs for the company.
2. In a nutshell, the report summarizes the key points and provides recommendations for future action.
|1. In general, the economy is showing signs of improvement, with increased growth and declining unemployment.
2. In general, the public opinion on the issue is divided, with some supporting it and others opposing it.
|1. In closing, the presentation provided a comprehensive overview of the company’s strategies and plans for the future.
2. In closing, the authors would like to thank all those who have contributed to the research and made this publication possible.
|1. To condense, the novel tells the story of a young woman who embarks on a journey of self-discovery.
2. To condense, the findings of the survey reveal a need for further investment in employee training and development.
|1. To conclude, the proposed solution is both feasible and cost-effective and represents a promising approach to the problem at hand.
2. To conclude, the data suggests that there is a strong correlation between the independent and dependent variables and supports the hypothesis.
|To put it all together
|1. To put it all together, the team worked collaboratively to overcome the challenges and achieve the desired outcomes.
2. To put it all together, the research findings offer a clear picture of the current state of the market and provide valuable insights for future decision-making.
|To sum up
|1. To sum up, the report provides a comprehensive overview of the current state of the industry and highlights key trends and challenges.
2. To sum up, the results of the experiment support the hypothesis and provide valuable insights for further research.
|1. In conclusion, the data support the hypothesis and the results are statistically significant.
2. In conclusion, the project was a great success and exceeded all expectations, thanks to the hard work of everyone involved.